Condition of Lance Naik Hemraj`s mother, wife deteriorates
Mathura: The condition of the mother and wife of martyred soldier Hemraj, who are on a fast demanding the head of the decapitated jawan on Sunday deteriorated with a team of doctors rushing to the residence in Khairair village here to provide medical help to them.
According to villagers, Hemraj`s mother Meena Devi and wife Dharamvati are on fast demanding head of the slain 13 Rajputana Rifles soldier, who was decapitated by Pakistani troops near the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on January 8.
They went on fast after cremating the headless body of 29-year-old Hemraj on Thursday.
However, Hemraj`s uncle Amar Singh said, "Owing to the weakness they are not able to speak and it is difficult to tell the reason of their not taking anything. What I guess is that they are not taking anything out of shock."
The mother and wife of the martyr are being administered intravenous fluid, Dr Mohit Bansal, medical officer of Kosi Kalan hospital said, adding, "Their vitals are stable and blood pressure is normal."
Dr PK Gupta, who also attended on them, said, "Both have developed acute dehydration."
"We have provided best medical treatment to both. The father of Dharmvati (wife of Hemraj) today tried to persuade her to drink milk but she refused," Gupta said.
Meanwhile, SDM Anil Mishra said a helipad is under construction since UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is expected to visit the village tomorrow.
In spite of the fact that family members clearly do not elaborate on the reason of their fast, some villagers say that they will not accept food till they get the head of Hemraj and till the Union as well as the state governments accept the "guilt" of not participating in the funeral.
The pradhan of Khairair village Dharamveer had said yesterday that the two women along with some villagers had called off their fast as certain demands made by them had been fulfilled.
Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed and mutilated the bodies of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves