Condition of Raj Bala very critical: Doctors
New Delhi: The condition of 51-year-old Raj
Bala, who suffered spine injuries during the police action against yoga guru Ramdev and his supporters at Ramlila Maidan, has deteriorated and is stated to be "very critical."
Doctors, attending the Gurgaon resident at the
Neurosurgery Department ICU of G B Pant Hospital here, said,
"Her condition is very critical and her vital parameters are
being maintained with increased pharmacological support."
Bala`s blood pressure and heart rate fluctuated in the wee
hours today and was brought under control with help of
medicines, a doctor said.
Currently, she is on ventilator, he said.
Bala had undergone surgery on June 5 for cervical spinal
injuries. Doctors done decompression and fixation using plate,
screw and cage.
Doctors also said that her neurological status remains
unchanged and she is quadriplegic (paralysis caused by illness
or injury to a human).
Another Ramdev supporter, with head injuries, is now
undergoing treatment at the Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital.
"Only one patient is admitted with us and the rest have
been discharged. He will be discharged as soon as he
recovers," Dr Richa Diwan, Medical Superintendent of LNJP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda