Condition of Sathya Sai Baba deteriorates
Puttaparthi: The condition of ailing
Sathya Sai Baba deteriorated on Thursday with doctors saying that
all his organs were showing poor response to treatment.
"Low blood pressure and the non-functioning of liver
have become a major cause for concern.The Baba continues to be
on ventilator support," Dr A N Safaya, Director, Sri Sathya
Sai Institute of Higher Sciences, said.
The Andhra Pradesh government, which has clamped
prohibitory orders in this town and deployed additional
forces, said doctors were making efforts to save the
"The condition of the Baba has deteriorated. Most of
his organs have suffered severe damage and stopped
functioning. Doctors attending on him are making attempts to
save the Baba. Let us pray," state Revenue Minister N
Raghuveera Reddy told reporters in Hyderabad after a
high-level meeting with Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy in
State Chief Secretary S V Prasad, Director General of
Police K Aravinda Rao and Additional DGP (Intelligence) M
Mahender Reddy also attended the meeting and briefed the Chief
Minister about the security arrangements being made here in
view of the heavy influx of devotees.
Emerging from the meeting, the DGP told reporters
that they were closely monitoring the situation in
We should not create confusion unnecessarily by
mobilising additional forces.We have sent 1000 police
personnel for security in Puttaparthi and shall send more
forces when required," Aravinda Rao said.
Police sources said tight security arrangements have
been made at the airport in Puttaparthi apart from Prasanthi
Nilayam, the residence of Baba, and Satya Sai Institute of
Higher Medical Sciences where he is undergoing treatment.
Prohibitory orders were clamped here as thousands of
devotees started descending on the town with the condition of
the Baba deteriorating.
More than 2000 police officers and men have been
deployed here. State Major Industries Minister J Geeta Reddy,
Anantapur district Collector B Janardhana Reddy and Deputy
Inspector General of Police Charu Sinha, who are camping here,
reviewed the Baba`s health condition this morning with SSIHMS
They also reviewed the law and order situation and the
measures being implemented for crowd control in any
Shops in the vicinity of SSIHMS have been shut down as
a precautionary measure, a senior police officer said.
Anantapur district Superintendent of Police Shahnawaz
Qasim is personally monitoring the security arrangements.
Meanwhile, members of the Sathya Sai Central Trust
held a meeting here to discuss the Trust`s affairs in the wake
of the Baba`s deteriorating health.
Principal Secretary (Finance) L V Subrahmanyam is also
taking part in the meeting, sources said.
The Baba was admitted to the hospital on March 28
following problems related to the heart and respiration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof