CONFESSION: `BJP makes Hindus look like Muslims for its rallies`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party members have been caught discussing money to get crowds for Narendra Modi`s rally at Delhi`s Japanese Park held on Sunday.
In a sting operation conducted by a private news channel, district presidents of the BJP Minority Cell of Shahdara, Mayur Vihar and New Delhi districts were seen discussing the price at which they get crowds for rallies with journalists of the news channel, who posed as agents for supplying crowd for such gathering.
In a startling revelation, one of the district unit functionaries purportedly confessed that they sometime made “Hindus look like Muslims” for their rallies. He asked for educated people who could answer media questions.
Others were allegedly seen telling that they had already arranged a “genuine” crowd, and hence did not need people for Delhi rally.
At least two-four lakh people visited the rally.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel watered down the revelations made in the sting operation, saying it did not expose anything.
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) general secretary and spokesperson Jitendra Kumar Kochar, meanwhile, said the way crowd was arranged for Narendra Modi’s rally showed how the BJP "has besmirched the sentiments of the minority community".
The BJP`s Delhi unit worked round-the-clock to ensure that the September 29 rally by their prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was a success.
Around 2,000 volunteers, at the rally site in Rohini, looked after the arrangements which included setting up huge LED screens, CCTV cameras, banners, preparation of a parking lot etc.
As far as the security arrangements were concerned, dozens of CCTV cameras and hundreds of private security guards kept an eye on the crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row