Confident of Congress winning Chhattisgarh polls: Jairam Ramesh
Raipur: Rural Development MinisterJairam Ramesh on Sunday expressed confidence that the Congress Party will emerge victorious in the upcoming polls in Chhattisgarh.
He said that his party has done its homework on the state, and would definitely win the elections.
"The most important reason would be the candidate selection. The way nominees have been selected, homework which has been done, Rahul Gandhi`s influence was seen in the nominees` selection and that is why we will win," he told media here today.
Expressing concern over the issue of Naxalism, he stressed that the party`s first priority would to tackle militancy if they come to power.
"When our party comes to power, the most important challenge would be to tackle Naxal outfits, and to bring the southern Chhattisgarh under the control of civilian administration so that BDOs, village council heads, collectors all of them can work there with confidence," he added.
Chhattisgarh, which witnessed a voter turnout of 67 percent in its first phase on Monday, will go into its second phase of polls on November 19, for the remaining 72 constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?