Confident of Congress winning Chhattisgarh polls: Jairam Ramesh
Raipur: Rural Development MinisterJairam Ramesh on Sunday expressed confidence that the Congress Party will emerge victorious in the upcoming polls in Chhattisgarh.
He said that his party has done its homework on the state, and would definitely win the elections.
"The most important reason would be the candidate selection. The way nominees have been selected, homework which has been done, Rahul Gandhi`s influence was seen in the nominees` selection and that is why we will win," he told media here today.
Expressing concern over the issue of Naxalism, he stressed that the party`s first priority would to tackle militancy if they come to power.
"When our party comes to power, the most important challenge would be to tackle Naxal outfits, and to bring the southern Chhattisgarh under the control of civilian administration so that BDOs, village council heads, collectors all of them can work there with confidence," he added.
Chhattisgarh, which witnessed a voter turnout of 67 percent in its first phase on Monday, will go into its second phase of polls on November 19, for the remaining 72 constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price