Confident of Congress winning Chhattisgarh polls: Jairam Ramesh
Raipur: Rural Development MinisterJairam Ramesh on Sunday expressed confidence that the Congress Party will emerge victorious in the upcoming polls in Chhattisgarh.
He said that his party has done its homework on the state, and would definitely win the elections.
"The most important reason would be the candidate selection. The way nominees have been selected, homework which has been done, Rahul Gandhi`s influence was seen in the nominees` selection and that is why we will win," he told media here today.
Expressing concern over the issue of Naxalism, he stressed that the party`s first priority would to tackle militancy if they come to power.
"When our party comes to power, the most important challenge would be to tackle Naxal outfits, and to bring the southern Chhattisgarh under the control of civilian administration so that BDOs, village council heads, collectors all of them can work there with confidence," he added.
Chhattisgarh, which witnessed a voter turnout of 67 percent in its first phase on Monday, will go into its second phase of polls on November 19, for the remaining 72 constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon