Confident of winning 2014 polls: Rajnath Singh
Mumbai: A day after Narendra Modi`s anointment as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, party president Rajnath Singh on Saturday exuded confidence that along with allies the party would be able to form the next government at the Centre.
"We hope to get 272 plus seats in the 2014 elections. Give us 272 plus seats and we will form a government whose economic policies will restore India`s pride globally," he said.
Singh was addressing a gathering after inaugurating a new building of Mumbai Bullion Association at Zaveri Bazaar.
The BJP chief said all allies of his party who would contest the General Elections together would participate in the next government if the alliance came to power.
The BJP leader, who was instrumental in Modi`s elevation despite strong reservations voiced by party patriarch L K Advani, refused to take any questions about the veteran`s absence at the Central Parliamentary Board`s meeting where the decision to declare the Gujarat Chief Minister as its prime ministerial nominee was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter