Confident of winning 2014 polls: Rajnath Singh
Mumbai: A day after Narendra Modi`s anointment as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, party president Rajnath Singh on Saturday exuded confidence that along with allies the party would be able to form the next government at the Centre.
"We hope to get 272 plus seats in the 2014 elections. Give us 272 plus seats and we will form a government whose economic policies will restore India`s pride globally," he said.
Singh was addressing a gathering after inaugurating a new building of Mumbai Bullion Association at Zaveri Bazaar.
The BJP chief said all allies of his party who would contest the General Elections together would participate in the next government if the alliance came to power.
The BJP leader, who was instrumental in Modi`s elevation despite strong reservations voiced by party patriarch L K Advani, refused to take any questions about the veteran`s absence at the Central Parliamentary Board`s meeting where the decision to declare the Gujarat Chief Minister as its prime ministerial nominee was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP