Confusion prevails over Hazare`s protest plans
New Delhi: Confusion prevailed over Anna
Hazare`s protest plans today with a prominent MCD functionary
saying that the civic body has not given permission for the
agitation at Ramlila Maidan even as Team Anna insisted that
they have got the nod.
MCD Standing Committee Chairman Yogender Chandolia said
no permission has been given to Hazare for using the Ramlila
Maidan for his protest next month.
Team Anna said Hazare will lead the protest in Delhi if a
strong Lokpal Bill is not passed in the ongoing Winter Session
"No permission has been given yet," Chandolia, a senior
local BJP leader, said when asked about claims by Team Anna
that they have been given permission to use the Maidan from
December 27 to January five for the protest.
However, a senior MCD official said permission has not
been denied. "But permission has also not been given. We have
received an application from Team Anna saying that they want
to book the Maidan.
"They said they want the ground after the Winter Session.
No dates were mentioned. We told them that we have to see the
bookings. Now we are looking into it. We there are no
bookings, they may get it," the official said.
Prominent Team Anna member Manish Sisodia said, "We have
sought permission from MCD from December 27 and we have been
granted permission to use the ground till January five."
Team Anna sources said they have the permission from the
MCD "subject to a NoC" from Delhi Police.
"The dates have been blocked. The permission is subject
to a NoC from police. We have a written commitment from the
MCD in this regard," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'