Cong always takes action against corrupt, not BJP: Maken
Kolkata: The Congress party has always taken action whenever charges of corruption have been raised against its leaders, but the BJP on the other hand had always "shielded" its corrupt leaders and ministers.
"Whenever charges of corruption came to light, the Congress and its government never hesitated to take action. But we have other parties, against whom charges of corruption had come to light, but those parties shielded the corrupt, even the charge-sheeted ones, instead of taking action," senior Congress leader Ajay Maken said.
Maken, who is also the AICC Communication Department Chairman, also mentioned the name of few BJP leaders to prove his point. He also underlined that the issues of corruption were coming into the fore only because of the RTI Act brought in by the Congress regime.
"Whatever is surfacing is just because of the Right to Information Act, brought in by Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. This government has empowered the people to know exactly what is going on," said Maken.
Maken, who was in the city to address a workshop on social media organised by state Congress, stressed on the need of reaching out to the netizens using social media as it is an important political tool to counter the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’