Cong and not BJP has been exposed by Singh`s remarks: Joshi
New Delhi: Under fire over allegations levelled by a former CAG official on its report on 2G spectrum allocation, Murli Manohar Joshi on Friday said the "hurried" statement of Sonia Gandhi attacking the BJP has only exposed the Congress.
"I think Congress has been exposed instead. Those who advised her to make the statement stand exposed. RP Singh had raised the issue earlier too. Why did she not speak out then," Joshi told reporters here.
He also said that it was Singh who had made a PowerPoint presentation before PAC on CAG`s report on 2G issue. "He never raised the issue then," Joshi said.
He was asked to react on the statement of Gandhi that BJP stood exposed by the revelations made by Singh. Joshi is the Chairman of PAC.
"Yes, certainly I think so," said Gandhi when reporters here asked whether BJP had been "exposed" by Singh`s comments.
Giving a twist to the 2G allocation row, Singh said a report prepared by him contained no losses on account of 2G spectrum allocation and questioned CAG`s estimates of presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
"After completing the audit of Ministry of Telecom, which was under my direct charge, I prepared a draft audit report covering each and every aspect... My report did not contain any loss figure," he had said yesterday.
Responding to the charges, Joshi said, "Singh`s allegations on 2G report are an attempt to malign CAG and PAC by vested interests including the government."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference