Cong and not BJP has been exposed by Singh`s remarks: Joshi
New Delhi: Under fire over allegations levelled by a former CAG official on its report on 2G spectrum allocation, Murli Manohar Joshi on Friday said the "hurried" statement of Sonia Gandhi attacking the BJP has only exposed the Congress.
"I think Congress has been exposed instead. Those who advised her to make the statement stand exposed. RP Singh had raised the issue earlier too. Why did she not speak out then," Joshi told reporters here.
He also said that it was Singh who had made a PowerPoint presentation before PAC on CAG`s report on 2G issue. "He never raised the issue then," Joshi said.
He was asked to react on the statement of Gandhi that BJP stood exposed by the revelations made by Singh. Joshi is the Chairman of PAC.
"Yes, certainly I think so," said Gandhi when reporters here asked whether BJP had been "exposed" by Singh`s comments.
Giving a twist to the 2G allocation row, Singh said a report prepared by him contained no losses on account of 2G spectrum allocation and questioned CAG`s estimates of presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
"After completing the audit of Ministry of Telecom, which was under my direct charge, I prepared a draft audit report covering each and every aspect... My report did not contain any loss figure," he had said yesterday.
Responding to the charges, Joshi said, "Singh`s allegations on 2G report are an attempt to malign CAG and PAC by vested interests including the government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note