`Cong attacking institutions working for people`
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar
Joshi on Saturday charged the Centre with attacking constitutional
institutions working in the interest of the people and said it
was harmful for the nation.
"It is the duty and responsibility of the Comptroller
and Auditor General of India and the Public Accounts Committee
to protect public money and its proper utilization.
Unfortunately, Congress is attacking both the institutions.
This is harmful for the nation," Joshi told a news conference
Accusing the Congress leadership of trying to suppress
investigations into the series of scams that surfaced during
the UPA government, Joshi said that he was surprised at Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh`s assertion that the CAG had never
convened a press conference in the past.
"CAG has always issued press statements on its reports
after placing the same in Parliament. Even a High Court has
said there is no wrong in CAG going to the press. But the
importance of this CAG press conference was its disclosure of
an estimated Rs 1.76 lakh crore scam.
"As CAG had termed it as an estimated amount, Telecom
Minister Kapil Sibal should have investigated the matter to
find out the exact amount, but he claimed there had been no
loss," he said.
Joshi demands PC’s removal
Meanwhile, amid reports of Cabinet reshuffle,
Joshi demanded that Home
Minister P Chidambaram be removed from his ministry claiming
he faced varying allegations.
"Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa raised an
election scam against him. He was the Finance Minister during
2G Spectrum scam and he is Home Minister when the
controversial wrong list (of terrorists) was submitted to
Pakistan. He should not be in the Cabinet following all these
serious charges against him," Joshi told the news conference.
Chidambaram recently reacted to Jayalalithaa
questioning his election from Shivaganga Lok Sabha seat,
saying the matter was pending before the court and that such
statements amounted to gross contempt of court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'