Cong backs hike in rail fares
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday backed the hike in
rail fares in the railway budget saying it was "very minor"
and necessary in view of the increase in fuel prices.
"As far as the fares are concerned, they were not raised
for a long time. The hike is very minor in view of the rise in
fuel prices," Congress chief whip Girija Vyas told reporters
The fares will not have much impact on the common man,
She hailed the first Railway Budget presented by Railway
Minister Dinesh Trivedi as a "very good budget" which has
"something for everybody".
Vyas said the budget was good as it particularly as it
made safety and security as its foundation.
"One positive feature of the budget is that there are
provisions for safety and security of the railways," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price