Cong, BJP plan `yatras` to woo voters
Jaipur: The ruling Congress and Opposition BJP are both set to hit the road and undertake `yatras`, aimed at garnering support among the masses for Assembly elections lined up in the state later this year.
The Congress will launch its `Sandesh Yatra` on March 30 with an effort to woo people with the flagship schemes, programmes and initiatives launched by the state government.
The BJP, on the other hand, plans to kick-off its `Suraj Sankalp Yatra` to highlight issues related to farmers, corruption, inflation and unemployment in the state.
The BJP`s yatra is at the initiative of party state president and former chief minister Vasundhara Raje who is its chief ministerial candidate for the polls and each phase of its yatra will start from famous temples in each of the seven divisions, with the tour beginning on April 4 from Charbhuja temple in Udaipur division.
Talking about the Congress yatra, party state president Dr Chandrabhan said, besides chief minister Ashok Gehlot, party’s in-charge for political affairs Mukul Wasnik and other MLAs and MPs will address election meetings.
"Ours is a party-based yatra and all leaders of the state will address public meetings. We are covering all 200 constituencies in 33 districts and will highlight the achievements of the state government, flagship schemes and pro-people programmes," he said.
The inaugural meeting will be at the PCC office and public meetings will also take place in Bassi, Dausa, Geejgarh and Nadauti on March 30, the first day.
As for the BJP, after its yatra is flagged off on April 4 in the presence of the party`s national president Rajnath Singh, the second phase of the yatra will begin from Keshoray temple in Kota division on April 22.
Ganpati temple in Ranthambore, Diggi Kalyan temple (Tonk), Mukam pilgrimage in Nokha, Ramdevra temple (Jodhpur) and Khatushyam Ji temple are the other spots from where Raje is scheduled to resume her yatra in Bharatpur, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jodhpur and Jaipur divisions respectively.
Updates on the 13,500-km long yatra will be available on social networking sites, BJP spokesperson Kailash Nath Bhatt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen