Cong, BJP slam AAP over Anna CD; Kejriwal "very, very sad"
New Delhi: A video showing anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare purportedly expressing disappointment over the alleged misuse by Aam Aadmi Party of funds collected during the Jan Lokpal Bill drive on Wednesday had Congress and BJP both tearing into Arvind Kejriwal and group ahead of Assembly elections in Delhi.
"CD released of Anna`s allegation against Kejriwal of misappropriation of funds collected at Ramlila Maidan again proves my allegation! Would Kejriwal and his friends on Social Media please react", Congress leader Digvijay Singh said on micro-blogging site twitter.Com.
Neither did BJP pull any punches in attacking Kejriwal with party spokesman Praksah Javadekar saying that, "We are not interested in knowing the details (about the money)... But it seems Anna is not happy.
"(Anna is saying that) money collected in his name is being misused for electioneering. This has actually exposed AAP and brought out its hypocrisy," he added.
Speaking separately, Congress spokesman Meem Afzal said that the CD had "exposed" Kejriwal and company and showed "not only the misappropriation of funds but also the corruption of ideology".
Afzal even alleged that AAP was working in tandem with BJP as the main opposition party in Delhi Assembly had been backing Hazare`s movement.
"At a time when there is much controversy over the incident of blackening of Kejriwal`s face, his guru has blackened his face by expressing disappointment over the misuse of funds," he added.
The CD, Afzal alleged, showed that Hazare had been raising the issue of funds to the tune of Rs 3 crore with Kejriwal for the last one year.
The video emerged a day after Hazare sought answers from Kejriwal over the "misuse" of his name.
The video recording of a closed-door meeting in December 2012 shows Anna saying he was disappointed the way Rs 3 crore, collected in his name during the Lokpal agitation, was misused.
Reacting to the accusations, AAP said that the video was around a year old and was an effort by political rivals to malign its image.
"I would be surprised if filthier things do not happen. In the next 48-72 hours, more such things are bound to happen because, you see, we are out to challenge some huge vested interests," said AAP leader Yogendra Yadav.
Meanwhile, Kejriwal, for his part, said that he was "very, very sad" over the video even as Hazare came forward to clarify that there was no "tiff" between himself and the AAP convener ? only differences of opinion which could be sorted.
"The picture is painted as if there is a tiff between myself and Arvind, as if I have accused him.
"That is wrong, this is not an accusation, there are differences of opinion and we are trying to sort them out," he said.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal told reporters that he was "very, very sad after seeing the video, which surfaced yesterday. I could have made crores from the job I left. I have only earned honesty in my life".
The video presented AAP`s rivals in the Delhi Assembly elections with ammunition against Kejriwal and his aides and both Congress and BJP used it to level allegations at the party which is getting ready for its first poll outing.
Singh, the Congress general secretary, said, "If you see my tweets and statements at the time, I had clearly said that it is all a process to make money.”
"An innocent man like Hazare is being duped by them. This has been proved that the money made from people during the whole movement has been used by AAP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday