Cong, BJP spar over presence of Irfan Pathan in Modi`s rally
New Delhi: Congress and BJP on Wednesday sparred over the presence of cricketer Irfan Pathan at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s election rally in Kheda district of the state.
While Congress leader Salman Khurshid termed Modi as a "worried person" who is trying to pull rabbits out of the hat, BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said Pathan joined the Chief Minister because of his record of governance.
"As an observer of the election process, I am a little bit surprised that he (Modi) is having to pull rabbits, seemingly so many live or dead rabbits out of the hat. Looks like a worried person," Khurshid said.
BJP claimed the rate of growth of minorities is the best in the state and wondered why Congress objected to Pathan`s presence in Modi`s rally.
"If he (Irfan Pathan) decides to join Narendra Modi because of his record of governance, I am surprised why should Congress take an objection to it," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said here.
He said Pathan, besides being an eminent cricketer, is also a well-known Gujarati.
"By the way, the rate of growth of minorities in Gujarat is the best in the country. Many commissions have also confirmed this," Prasad told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack