Cong brushes aside possibility of Varun joining it
New Delhi: Amid reports that Varun Gandhi is
not all that happy in BJP, Congress on Wednesday brushed aside
questions on possibility of his joining the party.
"We do not answer hypothetical questions... whether
somebody is angry or not not ask him whether he is angry or
not. It is not necessary for us to comment," party
spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters.
He was replying to questions on whether it was time for
Varun to join the Congress as he was reportedly unhappy in BJP
after the campaign in the current UP assembly elections.
Reports had it that Varun considered a star campaigner in
the party in 2009 Lok Sabha election was given a short shrift
by the party this time as his campaigning was limited to the
Assembly segments falling within his Parliamentary seat
The Congress spokesperson, however, refused to comment on
such reports saying it was internal matter of BJP.
"Whom BJP will use for election campaign or not, it falls
in their jurisdiction," Tewari said.
He added that Congress fights election on its manifesto,
ideology and issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB