Cong cheating Muslims by joining hands with BJP: SP
Lucknow: Stepping up its attack on Congress,
the Samajwadi Party today accused it of betraying the Muslim
community by joining hands with "communal forces" for passage
of the Nuclear Liability Bill in Parliament.
"This time the Congress has joined hands with communal
forces which the Muslim community will not tolerate... and
protest the move of giving a clean chit to Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi (in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh
encounter case)," senior SP leader and leader of opposition in
UP Vidhan Parishad Ahmad Hasan alleged.
"Congress and BJP have joined hands and entered into a
deal, cheating the Muslim community. While Congress would be
using CBI to give a clean chit to Modi, BJP will support it on
the nuclear liability bill," he further alleged.
Congress had bowed to the US pressure and just to take
support of the BJP was trying to defend Modi, he claimed.
The BJP-Congress understanding on the nuclear liability
bill yesterday triggered strong protests from the Left
parties, RJD and SP which alleged that the "deal" was clearly
aimed at baling out Modi in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef