Cong cheating Muslims by joining hands with BJP: SP
Lucknow: Stepping up its attack on Congress,
the Samajwadi Party today accused it of betraying the Muslim
community by joining hands with "communal forces" for passage
of the Nuclear Liability Bill in Parliament.
"This time the Congress has joined hands with communal
forces which the Muslim community will not tolerate... and
protest the move of giving a clean chit to Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi (in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh
encounter case)," senior SP leader and leader of opposition in
UP Vidhan Parishad Ahmad Hasan alleged.
"Congress and BJP have joined hands and entered into a
deal, cheating the Muslim community. While Congress would be
using CBI to give a clean chit to Modi, BJP will support it on
the nuclear liability bill," he further alleged.
Congress had bowed to the US pressure and just to take
support of the BJP was trying to defend Modi, he claimed.
The BJP-Congress understanding on the nuclear liability
bill yesterday triggered strong protests from the Left
parties, RJD and SP which alleged that the "deal" was clearly
aimed at baling out Modi in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Turkey PM vows retaliation after 'vile' Cizre attack
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- James Rodriguez may make last Real Madrid appearance in Celta Vigo game
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout