Cong cheating Muslims by joining hands with BJP: SP
Lucknow: Stepping up its attack on Congress,
the Samajwadi Party today accused it of betraying the Muslim
community by joining hands with "communal forces" for passage
of the Nuclear Liability Bill in Parliament.
"This time the Congress has joined hands with communal
forces which the Muslim community will not tolerate... and
protest the move of giving a clean chit to Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi (in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh
encounter case)," senior SP leader and leader of opposition in
UP Vidhan Parishad Ahmad Hasan alleged.
"Congress and BJP have joined hands and entered into a
deal, cheating the Muslim community. While Congress would be
using CBI to give a clean chit to Modi, BJP will support it on
the nuclear liability bill," he further alleged.
Congress had bowed to the US pressure and just to take
support of the BJP was trying to defend Modi, he claimed.
The BJP-Congress understanding on the nuclear liability
bill yesterday triggered strong protests from the Left
parties, RJD and SP which alleged that the "deal" was clearly
aimed at baling out Modi in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees