Cong cheating Muslims by joining hands with BJP: SP
Lucknow: Stepping up its attack on Congress,
the Samajwadi Party today accused it of betraying the Muslim
community by joining hands with "communal forces" for passage
of the Nuclear Liability Bill in Parliament.
"This time the Congress has joined hands with communal
forces which the Muslim community will not tolerate... and
protest the move of giving a clean chit to Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi (in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh
encounter case)," senior SP leader and leader of opposition in
UP Vidhan Parishad Ahmad Hasan alleged.
"Congress and BJP have joined hands and entered into a
deal, cheating the Muslim community. While Congress would be
using CBI to give a clean chit to Modi, BJP will support it on
the nuclear liability bill," he further alleged.
Congress had bowed to the US pressure and just to take
support of the BJP was trying to defend Modi, he claimed.
The BJP-Congress understanding on the nuclear liability
bill yesterday triggered strong protests from the Left
parties, RJD and SP which alleged that the "deal" was clearly
aimed at baling out Modi in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!