Cong compares Modi to Hitler`s propaganda minister
New Delhi: Hitting back at Narendra Modi for his criticism of the UPA, Congress on Saturday said the soul of Hitler`s propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels seemed to have entered the "frustrated" Gujarat Chief Minister and accused him of crossing the "Laxmanrekha".
"Gujarat Chief Minister is a frustrated man. It seems the soul of Joseph Goebbels, the propaganda minister during the Nazi regime of Hitler in Germany, has gone inside him. He has crossed all limits.
"The kind of unparliamentary language he has used against the UPA government cannot be imagined from any Chief Minister," party spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters.
He accused Modi of crossing the "Laxmanrekha" for "cheap popularity" and violating the dignity of politics.
Addressing the national executive of BJP in Mumbai, Modi had on Friday launched a sharp attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh accusing the Centre of inflicting "maximum damage" on the country`s federal structure and opining that UPA government should not last "even a moment longer".
Tewari in particular took strong exception to Modi`s remarks on Government-Army Chief Gen V K Singh standoff.
Modi had said, "The Prime Minister and the Defence Minister are of Congress. Still, the government is pitted against the Army. What compulsion is this?"
The Congress spokesperson said it was not expected that Modi will take politics to this level and drag even the Army into it.
"How does he forget, he belongs to a party, whose government had dismissed the Navy chief Admiral Vishnu Bhagwat," Tewari said asking Modi to look into his own courtyard before levelling allegations on others.
Tewari also read out a reported statement of a Gujarat Minister Jainarayan Vyas saying that while Modi was making "baseless" allegations against the Centre in Mumbai, his colleague in Ahmedabad had said the central and the state government cannot be seen separately and the central government had also come to help when required.
"Either the Gujarat Chief Minister was speaking the truth or his government`s official spokesperson in the state," Tewari said.
Asked about media reports quoting Modi for describing the UPA government as Nirmal Baba`s durbar, Tewari said he does not know about the Babas but Modi is "definitely influenced by Goebbels Baba".
Meanwhile, AICC in-charge for West Bengal Shakeel Ahmed took a jibe at Modi on Twitter saying, "Narendra Modi says UPA is like Nirmal Baba`s durbar and forgets his and BJP`s own Baba Bangaru Laxman who is still in jail for taking bribe."
Without naming Ramdev, Ahmed also said, "Narendra Modi also forgets another BABA sponsored by RSS and BJP who tries to run away wearing women`s clothes during tough times."
Tewari said BJP stands "splintered", while Ahmed on the microblogging site wondered how Gadkari and Modi could work shoulder to shoulder for their party when BJP President says the party will work for minorities and the Gujarat Chief Minister "wants to eliminate them".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead