Cong constitutes high-level committees for poll-related work
New Delhi: With Assembly elections in Maharashtra and Haryana fast approaching, Congress on Saturday constituted two high-level committees to coordinate poll related work.
While the panel for Maharashtra will be headed by senior leader A K Antony, who is in-charge of party affairs for the state, the one for Haryana will be led by AICC General Secretary Prithviraj Chavan, who looks after the party`s affairs there.
Other members in the Maharashtra panel are AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh and Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan.
AICC secretaries Mohan Prakash and Praveen Rashtrapal will also be members of the panel, which is expected to assess the ground situation and poll preparedness of the party.
The Haryana committee will have AICC General Secretary BK Hariprasad and Punjab PCC Working President Mohinder Singh Kaypee as its members.
The announcement was made by the party`s media department chief Janardan Dwivedi.
While Congress is in power in Maharashtra for the last 10 years in alliance with NCP, the party has been ruling Haryana for the past five years and dealt a crushing defeat to opposition parties in the recent Lok Sabha elections.
Elections in Maharashtra are due by October, while those for Haryana are due by February, but may be advanced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org