Cong core group meeting not held due to Sonia`s illness
New Delhi: Congress core group which meets
regularly on Friday evenings, could not hold its meeting today
as party chief Sonia Gandhi is unwell.
As Gandhi had been running fever, she could not attend
the Republic Day parade on Rajpath earlier this week and
the At Home the same day at Rashtrapati Bhavan in the evening.
The UPA Chairperson was also absent from Tuesday`s
official dinner for visiting Indonesian President Susilo
The Congress chief has also cancelled her appointments
for the last two days.
Gandhi heads the Core Group which has top party leaders
including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram and Political
secretary to Congress President Ahmed Patel as its members.
The Group strategises on the issues facing the party and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!