Cong core group meeting not held due to Sonia`s illness
New Delhi: Congress core group which meets
regularly on Friday evenings, could not hold its meeting today
as party chief Sonia Gandhi is unwell.
As Gandhi had been running fever, she could not attend
the Republic Day parade on Rajpath earlier this week and
the At Home the same day at Rashtrapati Bhavan in the evening.
The UPA Chairperson was also absent from Tuesday`s
official dinner for visiting Indonesian President Susilo
The Congress chief has also cancelled her appointments
for the last two days.
Gandhi heads the Core Group which has top party leaders
including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram and Political
secretary to Congress President Ahmed Patel as its members.
The Group strategises on the issues facing the party and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'