Cong defaming Lokpal movement: Sudarshan
Bhopal: Observing that Anna Hazare had
already "cleared the air" on links between himself and Sangh
Parivar, former RSS chief K Sudarshan today accused Congress
of purposefully using the name of the saffron organization to
target the anti-corruption movement.
"The UPA government was hit by Anna`s movement and
hence it was just using the Sangh Parivar to defame it. Anna`s
movement is attracting popular support as it is against
corruption with which the people are fed up," Sudarshan told
reporters here in an informal chat.
Against the backdrop of reports in a section of media
linking Hazare with RSS leader Nanaji Deshmukh, Sudarshan
said, "Hazare had himself cleared on a television programme
about the links between his team and the Sangh parivar".
Asked about alleged corruption in various BJP-ruled
states including Madhya Pradesh, the former RSS chief
replied, "It must not be forgotten that even people from the
Sangh parivar come from society".
He also expressed concern over increasing use of English
in mainstream Hindi newspapers and in Hindi-speaking states.
In an informal talk with reporters here, the former
RSS chief said, "The use of English in Hindi newspapers would
spoil the language for future generations.
"Use of English words which had been accepted
colloquially in Hindi may be acceptable but one cannot accept
the use of those English words for which Hindi equivalents
were easily available".
He hailed the use of Hindi language in certain daily
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report