Cong disapproves of Khurshid`s remarks daring Kejriwal
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday disapproved of Salman Khurshid`s controversial remarks daring Arvind Kejriwal to protest in his constituency, as the activist saw it as a murder threat and accused the Law Minister of acting like a mafia don.
"Everyone should choose words carefully," Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters when asked to comment on Khurshid`s controversial remarks against Kejriwal.
Khurshid had said, "Let them come and visit Farrukhabad. But let him also return from Farrukhabad." This was seen as a murder threat by the activist. Opposition parties had also protested against the remarks.
Kejriwal and his aides had yesterday slammed Khurshid for the comments with lawyer Prashant Bhushan saying the country`s Law Minister should not be using such a language against his own people. Bhushan had also wondered as to why the country should have such a Law Minister.
"Salman Khurshid has threatened me. The country`s Law Minister should not use such a language. My life is not in the hands of Khurshid. My life is in the hands of God. We will go to Farrukhabad and we will return from there as well," Kejriwal had said.
Congress had yesterday downplayed Khurshid`s remarks with party spokesman Rashid Alvi saying that he was not aware of the details of what Khurshid had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price