Cong dismisses Jethmalani`s allegation against Pat
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed the allegation by Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh`s counsel Ram Jethmalani that senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel was the
source of the money in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam.
"We have nothing to do with it. We were secure. We had
no such insecurity. It will have to be looked into as to who
had the insecurity. We decided to take the challenge of vote
of confidence. We were not going to start cash for vote in the
midst of the process after all," party spokesperson Renuka
Chaudhary told reporters at the AICC briefing.
She was replying to questions on Amar Singh`s counsel
Jethmalani today making a U-turn before a Delhi Court and
claiming that Congress leader Ahmed Patel was the source of
the money allegedly given to three BJP MPs as bribe ahead of
the trust vote by UPA government in 2008.
Asked whether she feels that Amar Singh was responsible
for the scam, Chaudhary snapped, "I am not the judge."
Asked who, if not the UPA government, benefited from the
cash for vote episode, Chaudhary quipped, "I do not know
who benefited. The country hopefully benefited."
She also ridiculed Jethmalani`s submission in the court,
recalling that he had put the blame for the scam on BJP a few
"Wait for three more days. Something else will come out,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan