Cong dismisses Modi charge about govt misusing CBI
New Delhi: Congress today invoked the post- Godhra riots in Gujarat to hit out at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after he accused UPA of misusing CBI to target political opponents.
"Modi`s model is the model of Gujarat... Mujaffarnagar communal riots is yet another example of their Gujarat model," Congress spokesperson Raj Babbbar told reporters here.
He was reacting to reports that BJP had asked Muslim women to turn up in burqas at Modi`s earlier meetings.
Dismissing Modi`s charge about UPA allegedly misusing CBI, Babbar said, "This is not a new allegation. The Opposition says before every election that CBI is being misused. The same Opposition lauds CBI when the agency takes any action against Congress leaders."
Addressing a BJP congregation in Bhopal, Modi had said, "Congress is not going to field candidates in the (Assembly) elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Delhi... Congress will not fight the next Lok Sabha elections, but will field the CBI instead."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre