Cong dismisses Modi charge about govt misusing CBI
New Delhi: Congress today invoked the post- Godhra riots in Gujarat to hit out at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after he accused UPA of misusing CBI to target political opponents.
"Modi`s model is the model of Gujarat... Mujaffarnagar communal riots is yet another example of their Gujarat model," Congress spokesperson Raj Babbbar told reporters here.
He was reacting to reports that BJP had asked Muslim women to turn up in burqas at Modi`s earlier meetings.
Dismissing Modi`s charge about UPA allegedly misusing CBI, Babbar said, "This is not a new allegation. The Opposition says before every election that CBI is being misused. The same Opposition lauds CBI when the agency takes any action against Congress leaders."
Addressing a BJP congregation in Bhopal, Modi had said, "Congress is not going to field candidates in the (Assembly) elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Delhi... Congress will not fight the next Lok Sabha elections, but will field the CBI instead."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches