Cong dismisses Modi charge about govt misusing CBI
New Delhi: Congress today invoked the post- Godhra riots in Gujarat to hit out at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after he accused UPA of misusing CBI to target political opponents.
"Modi`s model is the model of Gujarat... Mujaffarnagar communal riots is yet another example of their Gujarat model," Congress spokesperson Raj Babbbar told reporters here.
He was reacting to reports that BJP had asked Muslim women to turn up in burqas at Modi`s earlier meetings.
Dismissing Modi`s charge about UPA allegedly misusing CBI, Babbar said, "This is not a new allegation. The Opposition says before every election that CBI is being misused. The same Opposition lauds CBI when the agency takes any action against Congress leaders."
Addressing a BJP congregation in Bhopal, Modi had said, "Congress is not going to field candidates in the (Assembly) elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Delhi... Congress will not fight the next Lok Sabha elections, but will field the CBI instead."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire