Cong dismisses Modi charge about govt misusing CBI
New Delhi: Congress today invoked the post- Godhra riots in Gujarat to hit out at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after he accused UPA of misusing CBI to target political opponents.
"Modi`s model is the model of Gujarat... Mujaffarnagar communal riots is yet another example of their Gujarat model," Congress spokesperson Raj Babbbar told reporters here.
He was reacting to reports that BJP had asked Muslim women to turn up in burqas at Modi`s earlier meetings.
Dismissing Modi`s charge about UPA allegedly misusing CBI, Babbar said, "This is not a new allegation. The Opposition says before every election that CBI is being misused. The same Opposition lauds CBI when the agency takes any action against Congress leaders."
Addressing a BJP congregation in Bhopal, Modi had said, "Congress is not going to field candidates in the (Assembly) elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Delhi... Congress will not fight the next Lok Sabha elections, but will field the CBI instead."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action