Cong dismisses Mulayam`s criticism, possible Third Front
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday reacted sharply to Samajwadi Party`s criticism reminding it that its chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was on the dais at the UPA`s third anniversary showing its report card.
Party spokesperson Rashid Alvi also trashed the possibility of emergence of any Third Front even as Yadav spoke of his party playing a major role in the country after the 2014 election and SP general secretary Mohan Singh maintaining that the seeds have already been sown for such an alliance.
Asked about Yadav`s remarks that the reputation of the Congress has been tainted throughout the country due to the scams, Alvi said "I do not know what Mulayam Singh Yadav has said.
"But I know when the UPA was releasing its performance report on completion of three years, the SP chief was standing with the Prime Minister and showing UPA report card to people of the country, which carried the achievements in other states," the Congress spokesperson said.
At the AICC briefing, Alvi castigated Mohan Singh for his remarks that Rahul Gandhi has shown little to prove that he can lead politically and the country`s future would be safe in his hands.
"I do not know who is Mohan Singh. Perhaps he was removed as spokesperson of Samajwadi Party because he keeps making such statements. If somebody has made some comments about Rahul Gandhi, he does not know either the Congress or the Congress leader. I condemn if anybody has made such remarks," Alvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical