Cong dismisses Patnaik`s ideal of a ‘Third Front’
New Delhi: Congress Thursday dismissed Odisha
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s idea of a Third Front, saying
it was aware of the fate such a proposition has met in the
"We have heard and seen a lot about such a Front as also
its fate", party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters.
She was responding to questions over Patnaik mooting an
alternative front to provide a transparent government at the
Centre as the ruling UPA was "discredited" and "corruption
ridden" and NDA "communally tainted".
"I certainly feel there is a need for a new front which
will be transparent, corruption free and of course secular,"
Patnaik had said. He has been uniting told reporters
non-Congress Chief Ministers over the proposed powers to the
National Counter Terrorism Centre under the Ministry of Home
The CPI-M, which had earlier been a votary of a third
alternative, has already ruled out forming a Third Front
inspite of electoral disasters in West Bengal and Kerala.
The CPI-M is now stressing that it would endeavour for a
Left and democratic alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29