Cong doing vote bank politics in encounter cases: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday charged the Congress with doing vote-bank politics in encounter cases be it in Gujarat or Jammu and Kashmir and appointed a committee headed by party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain to visit the families of policemen killed in recent firings in the border state.
"Congress is looking for votes even in cases of encounters. Digvijay Singh is not mending his ways and want to do politics on this issue as well. Our army personnel are getting killed but Congress is eyeing the votes," Hussain told reporters here.
BJP is apparently stung by the fresh developments in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case. While more officials are likely to be listed in the charge sheet, there are reports that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and then state minister for Home Amit Shah may also be named in the near future.
ADG PP Pandey, whose team was involved in the encounter, has been denied bail by courts.
BJP raised the issue of killing of eight soldiers by terrorists when an Indian Army convoy was attacked on June 25 near Hyderpora on the outskirts of Srinagar. A policeman was killed today in Pulwama district in an encounter.
"Congress does not have anything to say about this encounter. The Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister is busy on Twitter," Hussain said.
The other members of the committee to be headed by Hussain have not yet been named by party chief Rajnath Singh.
Hussain said the committee will meet the family members of those killed in the encounters in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble