Cong doubts Mayawati`s concern for Dalits
New Delhi: Congress on Monday raised doubts over
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s concern for Dalits
with party general secretary Digvijay Singh alleging that her
government has not honoured the decision not to acquire the
lands of Dalits and freedom fighters.
"Despite being a daughter of Dalit, it seems you have not
followed the erstwhile Congress government`s decision in Uttar
Pradesh not to acquire such land," Singh said in a letter to
He said if she had implemented that decision then she
would not have given the land of Dalits to influential
developers and builders.
Seeking to bring pressure on the issue, he said even now
if she wants to implement the decision taken by then Congress
government in the state way back in 1985, she should return
the land to the Dalits or they should be given land elsewhere.
He hoped that Mayawati would respond to his letter.
Earlier, at a party briefing, Congress spokesman Abhishek
Singhvi hinted at an informal understanding between the ruling
BSP in Uttar Pradesh and the BJP in poll-bound state.
BJP and BSP are "speaking the same language" on issues
like law and order, corruption and land acquisition in the
state, Singhvi told reporters, adding that the "friendship and
ties" between them was on for long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan