Cong downplays Beni`s comment on Rahul vs Modi contest
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday played down the remarks of Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma that the 2014 Lok Sabha elections will be a Rahul Gandhi Vs Narendra Modi affair.
Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury said Verma has clarified and explained that his statement has been misinterpreted.
"I don`t think there is anything further to add to that," she said.
Verma had yesterday said the next Lok Sabha elections will see a direct fight between Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi.
A day after he said that the SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was "dreaming" of becoming Prime Minister, Verma yesterday said that parties like Samajwadi Party do not have all India presence and hence cannot form a government at the Centre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai