Cong drafts several young leaders as spokespersons
New Delhi: With less than a year left for the Lok Sabha polls, the Congress has drafted several young leaders including Union ministers Jyotiraditya Scindia, Sachin Pilot as also Youth Congress chief Rajiv Satav to put forth the party`s point of view in the media.
Besides the eight Congress spokespersons, AICC secretaries Meenakshi Natrajan, Shantaram Naik, Ashok Tanwar, Arun Yadav are among the 36 leaders who have been authorised the task of participating in debates and discussions in the media on behalf of the party.
The list appears to carry the imprint of Rahul Gandhi as Deependra Hooda and Sandeep Dikshit, who have been part of the AICC Media Team and several others roped in, are known to be close to the Congress vice president.
Manish Tewari, who has been putting forward the Congress case as party spokesman earlier and now as Information and Broadcasting Minister, is part of the team as also Union ministers Shashi Tharoor, R P N Singh, Deepa Dasmunsi, Jayanti Natrajan and Rajiv Shukla.
Anant Gadgil, son of the late Congress veteran V N Gadgil, who has been the Maharashtra Congress spokesman, has been included in the panel.
Abhishek Singhvi, Girija Vyas, Satyavrat Chaturvedi, Jagdambika Pal, Rajeev Gowda, P L Punia, Rita Joshi, Akhilesh Pratap Singh, Priyanka Chaturvedi and Nadeem Javed are also among the Congress leaders on the panel, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state