Cong finds Advani`s yatra announcement `amusing`
New Delhi: Taking a swipe at BJP veteran LK
Advani`s decision to launch a yatra against corruption,
Congress on Thursday said it was amusing that a party whose
president was "caught taking money" was undertaking such an
"It is amusing that the BJP is taking out a yatra against
corruption," Parliamentary Affairs Minister and Congress
leader PK Bansal told reporters here.
Bansal said BJP was the only political party whose
president Bangaru Laxman was caught on accepting cash in a
"real sting operation" carried out by a media house.
He also dismissed Advani`s claims that he was not allowed
to speak in the Lok Sabha on the cash-for-vote scam with a
retort that he was surprised that the BJP leader with more
than 40 years of parliamentary experience was levelling such
Bansal said former BJP MPs were arrested in connection
with the cash-for-vote scam at least three days back and it
was not a matter that had happened overnight to warrant a
`Suspension of Question Hour` notice which was given by
He also sought to ridicule Advani`s attempts to hail the
arrested former MPs as "whistleblowers" saying there was a
difference between carrying out a sting operation to expose
malpractices and "staging" a sting operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India