Cong flays BJP over Kushwaha`s induction
New Delhi: A day after BJP approached the President on Lokpal issue, Congress leader Abhishek Singhvi on Friday took a dig at the opposition party over the admission of controversial former UP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha.
"BJP need not petition President on Lokpal; instead, should create internal Lokpal to screen and admit only corrupt applicants like Kushwaha," Singhvi, who heads the
Parliamentary Standing Committee which went into the Lokpal Bill, tweeted.
The BJP is facing all round attack from friends and foes alike over the entry of former BSP leader Kushwaha, who has been raided by the CBI in the NRHM scam.
BJP leaders had yesterday met President Pratibha Patil to complain about "subversion" of Parliament over Lokpal issue and sought her intervention to re-convene the House to enable voting in Rajya Sabha on the crucial bill.
Led by senior party leader LK Advani and party president Nitin Gadkari, leaders of opposition in both Houses Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj met President Pratibha Patil and handed over a memorandum to her, seeking the special Parliament session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed