Cong for CBI probe into Nigamanand’s poisoning
New Delhi: In a bid to take the steam out
of BJP`s campaign against government on Ramdev issue, Congress
Wednesday made a big issue out of Swami Nigamanand`s death in
Uttarakhand claiming he had died of poisoning and demanded a
CBI probe into his "murder".
Drawing parallels between the assassination of Mahatma
Gandhi and the death of Nigamanand, party spokesperson
Jayanthi Natarajan said it was the same ideology that led
to both the incidents.
"This was murder. He was poisoned to death. This was
the same ideology that had led to the assassination of Mahatma
Gandhi and has now led to the poisoning and death of
"We demand CBI probe into the matter. The decision of
the Uttarakhand government to order CB-CID probe into the
matter is nothing but a whitewash. Obviously this is a
cover-up of the incident in the BJP-ruled state ," she said.
Questioning the "silence of the BJP`s national
leadership over the incident", the Congress spokesperson said
it speaks volumes about the Opposition party`s "selective
amnesia" on the issue of corruption.
"The defeaning silence of the national leadership of
BJP on the poisoning, fast and death of Nigamananda shows and
exposes double standards of BJP which talks a lot about
corruption," she said.
Natarjan questioned why the BJP leadership has not
responded to allegations of corruption in party-ruled states
like Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattishgarh and now
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?