Cong for CBI probe into Nigamanand’s poisoning
New Delhi: In a bid to take the steam out
of BJP`s campaign against government on Ramdev issue, Congress
Wednesday made a big issue out of Swami Nigamanand`s death in
Uttarakhand claiming he had died of poisoning and demanded a
CBI probe into his "murder".
Drawing parallels between the assassination of Mahatma
Gandhi and the death of Nigamanand, party spokesperson
Jayanthi Natarajan said it was the same ideology that led
to both the incidents.
"This was murder. He was poisoned to death. This was
the same ideology that had led to the assassination of Mahatma
Gandhi and has now led to the poisoning and death of
"We demand CBI probe into the matter. The decision of
the Uttarakhand government to order CB-CID probe into the
matter is nothing but a whitewash. Obviously this is a
cover-up of the incident in the BJP-ruled state ," she said.
Questioning the "silence of the BJP`s national
leadership over the incident", the Congress spokesperson said
it speaks volumes about the Opposition party`s "selective
amnesia" on the issue of corruption.
"The defeaning silence of the national leadership of
BJP on the poisoning, fast and death of Nigamananda shows and
exposes double standards of BJP which talks a lot about
corruption," she said.
Natarjan questioned why the BJP leadership has not
responded to allegations of corruption in party-ruled states
like Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattishgarh and now
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow