Cong for CBI probe into Nigamanand’s poisoning
New Delhi: In a bid to take the steam out
of BJP`s campaign against government on Ramdev issue, Congress
Wednesday made a big issue out of Swami Nigamanand`s death in
Uttarakhand claiming he had died of poisoning and demanded a
CBI probe into his "murder".
Drawing parallels between the assassination of Mahatma
Gandhi and the death of Nigamanand, party spokesperson
Jayanthi Natarajan said it was the same ideology that led
to both the incidents.
"This was murder. He was poisoned to death. This was
the same ideology that had led to the assassination of Mahatma
Gandhi and has now led to the poisoning and death of
"We demand CBI probe into the matter. The decision of
the Uttarakhand government to order CB-CID probe into the
matter is nothing but a whitewash. Obviously this is a
cover-up of the incident in the BJP-ruled state ," she said.
Questioning the "silence of the BJP`s national
leadership over the incident", the Congress spokesperson said
it speaks volumes about the Opposition party`s "selective
amnesia" on the issue of corruption.
"The defeaning silence of the national leadership of
BJP on the poisoning, fast and death of Nigamananda shows and
exposes double standards of BJP which talks a lot about
corruption," she said.
Natarjan questioned why the BJP leadership has not
responded to allegations of corruption in party-ruled states
like Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattishgarh and now
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM