Cong for passage of Lokpal Bill in Budget session
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday said that it favoured passage of the Lok Pal Bill in the Budget Session of Parliament starting next month.
"The Congress Party is in favour of passing the Lok Pal Bill in the ensuring session of Parliament. We have to take views of the other parties too as there are conflicting views on Lok Pal Bill and Lokayukt," party spokesperson PC Chacko told reporters here.
To a question that there was no crowd of supporters with Anna Hazare now, he said "crowd or no crowd what matters is whether argument is right or wrong."
"We are not negative to suggestions raised by anyone. Congress is responding positively. Our President has also written a letter to Anna Hazare and the Government is open and the Government wants to pass the legislation. There is no ambiguity on that," Chacko said.
The bill has been passed by Lok Sabha amid opposition from some parties including the then UPA ally Trinamool Congress. However, it could not be passed in the Rajya Sabha.
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country