Cong for passage of Lokpal Bill in Budget session
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday said that it favoured passage of the Lok Pal Bill in the Budget Session of Parliament starting next month.
"The Congress Party is in favour of passing the Lok Pal Bill in the ensuring session of Parliament. We have to take views of the other parties too as there are conflicting views on Lok Pal Bill and Lokayukt," party spokesperson PC Chacko told reporters here.
To a question that there was no crowd of supporters with Anna Hazare now, he said "crowd or no crowd what matters is whether argument is right or wrong."
"We are not negative to suggestions raised by anyone. Congress is responding positively. Our President has also written a letter to Anna Hazare and the Government is open and the Government wants to pass the legislation. There is no ambiguity on that," Chacko said.
The bill has been passed by Lok Sabha amid opposition from some parties including the then UPA ally Trinamool Congress. However, it could not be passed in the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites