Cong for passage of Lokpal Bill in Budget session
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday said that it favoured passage of the Lok Pal Bill in the Budget Session of Parliament starting next month.
"The Congress Party is in favour of passing the Lok Pal Bill in the ensuring session of Parliament. We have to take views of the other parties too as there are conflicting views on Lok Pal Bill and Lokayukt," party spokesperson PC Chacko told reporters here.
To a question that there was no crowd of supporters with Anna Hazare now, he said "crowd or no crowd what matters is whether argument is right or wrong."
"We are not negative to suggestions raised by anyone. Congress is responding positively. Our President has also written a letter to Anna Hazare and the Government is open and the Government wants to pass the legislation. There is no ambiguity on that," Chacko said.
The bill has been passed by Lok Sabha amid opposition from some parties including the then UPA ally Trinamool Congress. However, it could not be passed in the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list