Cong forgot austerity, spent crores at Nagaur event: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday accused Congress of forgetting austerity and spending huge sums of money on Panchayati Raj Golden jubilee celebrations attended by party president Sonia Gandhi in Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
"The government forgot to maintain austerity measures here and crores of rupees were spent for the event yesterday. Advertisements were published in several newspapers just to please the party president," state BJP chief Arun Chaturvedi said.
Many people, including labourers benefiting under the NREGA scheme, were brought in buses to the venue at government expenditure, he claimed.
He also alleged that government machinery was misused in organising the event where no one from the BJP was invited.
"No public representative of the BJP received any formal invitation for the function which shows that it was completely a Congress function organised by the party-ruled state government misusing official machinery," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves