Cong hails poll schedule; says it`s raring to go
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday hailed the
announcement of Assembly poll schedule in Uttar Pradesh and
four other states, saying the exercise will again show that it
is the only pan-Indian party.
"The Congress is raring to go. It is fit as a fighting
machine. It will show yet again that it is the only pan-Indian
party with a strong presence in every nook and corner of the
country," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi said.
The Election Commission today announced a seven-phased
poll in Uttar Pradesh from February 4 to 28, while assembly
elections in Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa will be held
in a single-phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'