Cong hails poll schedule; says it`s raring to go
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday hailed the
announcement of Assembly poll schedule in Uttar Pradesh and
four other states, saying the exercise will again show that it
is the only pan-Indian party.
"The Congress is raring to go. It is fit as a fighting
machine. It will show yet again that it is the only pan-Indian
party with a strong presence in every nook and corner of the
country," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi said.
The Election Commission today announced a seven-phased
poll in Uttar Pradesh from February 4 to 28, while assembly
elections in Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa will be held
in a single-phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried