Cong happy Oil Ministry for ensuring subsidized diesel for fishermen
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday expressed happiness over Oil Ministry exempting fishermen from the category of bulk customer, thereby ensuring that diesel for operating fishermen boats are available at subsidised rates.
A delegation of fishermen from Maharashtra and Gujart had met party Vice President Rahul Gandhi on this issue on January 30 requesting him to intervene in the matter.
"We thank Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Rahul Gandhi and Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily for this decision which has come as a huge relief to fishermen across the country," AICC in-charge for Maharastra and Gujarat Mohan Prakash said.
Diesel-run fishing boats are treated by oil companies as bulk users of the fuel and were charged almost Rs 10 more than the petrol pump price since the January 17 decision of the government to sell the most consumed fuel in the country at market rates to bulk users.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know