Cong happy Oil Ministry for ensuring subsidized diesel for fishermen
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday expressed happiness over Oil Ministry exempting fishermen from the category of bulk customer, thereby ensuring that diesel for operating fishermen boats are available at subsidised rates.
A delegation of fishermen from Maharashtra and Gujart had met party Vice President Rahul Gandhi on this issue on January 30 requesting him to intervene in the matter.
"We thank Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Rahul Gandhi and Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily for this decision which has come as a huge relief to fishermen across the country," AICC in-charge for Maharastra and Gujarat Mohan Prakash said.
Diesel-run fishing boats are treated by oil companies as bulk users of the fuel and were charged almost Rs 10 more than the petrol pump price since the January 17 decision of the government to sell the most consumed fuel in the country at market rates to bulk users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown