Cong happy Oil Ministry for ensuring subsidized diesel for fishermen
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday expressed happiness over Oil Ministry exempting fishermen from the category of bulk customer, thereby ensuring that diesel for operating fishermen boats are available at subsidised rates.
A delegation of fishermen from Maharashtra and Gujart had met party Vice President Rahul Gandhi on this issue on January 30 requesting him to intervene in the matter.
"We thank Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Rahul Gandhi and Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily for this decision which has come as a huge relief to fishermen across the country," AICC in-charge for Maharastra and Gujarat Mohan Prakash said.
Diesel-run fishing boats are treated by oil companies as bulk users of the fuel and were charged almost Rs 10 more than the petrol pump price since the January 17 decision of the government to sell the most consumed fuel in the country at market rates to bulk users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion