Cong happy Oil Ministry for ensuring subsidized diesel for fishermen
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday expressed happiness over Oil Ministry exempting fishermen from the category of bulk customer, thereby ensuring that diesel for operating fishermen boats are available at subsidised rates.
A delegation of fishermen from Maharashtra and Gujart had met party Vice President Rahul Gandhi on this issue on January 30 requesting him to intervene in the matter.
"We thank Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Rahul Gandhi and Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily for this decision which has come as a huge relief to fishermen across the country," AICC in-charge for Maharastra and Gujarat Mohan Prakash said.
Diesel-run fishing boats are treated by oil companies as bulk users of the fuel and were charged almost Rs 10 more than the petrol pump price since the January 17 decision of the government to sell the most consumed fuel in the country at market rates to bulk users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam