Cong happy Oil Ministry for ensuring subsidized diesel for fishermen
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday expressed happiness over Oil Ministry exempting fishermen from the category of bulk customer, thereby ensuring that diesel for operating fishermen boats are available at subsidised rates.
A delegation of fishermen from Maharashtra and Gujart had met party Vice President Rahul Gandhi on this issue on January 30 requesting him to intervene in the matter.
"We thank Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Rahul Gandhi and Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily for this decision which has come as a huge relief to fishermen across the country," AICC in-charge for Maharastra and Gujarat Mohan Prakash said.
Diesel-run fishing boats are treated by oil companies as bulk users of the fuel and were charged almost Rs 10 more than the petrol pump price since the January 17 decision of the government to sell the most consumed fuel in the country at market rates to bulk users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY