Cong happy over resolution of Army chief`s age row
New Delhi: Congress on Friday expressed
happiness over the resolution of Army Chief Gen VK Singh`s
age row, saying the honour of the country and the armed forces
"As a citizen of the country, I am happy that government
and army are working in consonance with each other. The honour
of the country and the armed forces was uppermost", party
spokesperson Renuka Chaudhary said.
Asked about the Army Chief`s decision to approach the
Supreme Court, she said these are changing times and this was
his individual choice for whatever reasons.
"I am also daughter of an ex-serviceman," she said.
The Army Chief today lost his legal battle on the age row
in the Supreme Court which said the government decision on his
date of birth will apply for his service matters, forcing him
to withdraw his petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued