Cong happy over resolution of Army chief`s age row
New Delhi: Congress on Friday expressed
happiness over the resolution of Army Chief Gen VK Singh`s
age row, saying the honour of the country and the armed forces
"As a citizen of the country, I am happy that government
and army are working in consonance with each other. The honour
of the country and the armed forces was uppermost", party
spokesperson Renuka Chaudhary said.
Asked about the Army Chief`s decision to approach the
Supreme Court, she said these are changing times and this was
his individual choice for whatever reasons.
"I am also daughter of an ex-serviceman," she said.
The Army Chief today lost his legal battle on the age row
in the Supreme Court which said the government decision on his
date of birth will apply for his service matters, forcing him
to withdraw his petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid