Cong happy over resolution of Army chief`s age row
New Delhi: Congress on Friday expressed
happiness over the resolution of Army Chief Gen VK Singh`s
age row, saying the honour of the country and the armed forces
"As a citizen of the country, I am happy that government
and army are working in consonance with each other. The honour
of the country and the armed forces was uppermost", party
spokesperson Renuka Chaudhary said.
Asked about the Army Chief`s decision to approach the
Supreme Court, she said these are changing times and this was
his individual choice for whatever reasons.
"I am also daughter of an ex-serviceman," she said.
The Army Chief today lost his legal battle on the age row
in the Supreme Court which said the government decision on his
date of birth will apply for his service matters, forcing him
to withdraw his petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!