Cong happy over resolution of Army chief`s age row
New Delhi: Congress on Friday expressed
happiness over the resolution of Army Chief Gen VK Singh`s
age row, saying the honour of the country and the armed forces
"As a citizen of the country, I am happy that government
and army are working in consonance with each other. The honour
of the country and the armed forces was uppermost", party
spokesperson Renuka Chaudhary said.
Asked about the Army Chief`s decision to approach the
Supreme Court, she said these are changing times and this was
his individual choice for whatever reasons.
"I am also daughter of an ex-serviceman," she said.
The Army Chief today lost his legal battle on the age row
in the Supreme Court which said the government decision on his
date of birth will apply for his service matters, forcing him
to withdraw his petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed