Cong has failed to reciprocate our support: NCP
New Delhi: On the eve of the 9th anniversary of the UPA, Sharad Pawar`s NCP today lamented that Congress failed to reciprocate its support and friendship, but insisted that the UPA was "not a liability".
"We had not put any conditions before the government or the party leading the UPA. One lesson must be learnt in these nine years that we have constantly supported Congress and UPA, but unfortunately, Congress has not supported us," party General Secretary and MP D P Tripathi said.
Replying to a question, he dismissed suggestions that the UPA was a liability. "The UPA is not a liability, but an asset. If it was not, how could we have been part of it," Tripathi said.
Asked whether the UPA coalition needed a course correction in the wake of a series of scams and scandals, he said that it must be emphasised that whenever there was corruption, the alliance has acted against that, may it be the Commonwealth Games scam or the 2G scam. He said what the UPA needed was quicker implementation of laws so that the guilty are brought to book faster.
Another party leader and Union minister Praful Patel told a TV channel, "Action against people or ministers have been taken. The fact that couple of things have come one after the another which has created a lot of negativity.
"But the fact also remains that there have been lot of good decisions taken by the government over the years even if you look at the economy its not faltered, the way the global economy is faltered."
With the Lok Sabha polls just a year away, Patel said that the UPA has to ensure that "we gain the confidence of people in terms of good governance from now on".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'