Cong has nothing to do with Amit Shah`s case: Sibal
Lucknow: Union Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibal on Sunday said the Congress has nothing to do with the CBI naming former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah as an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
"Congress has not made Shah an accused, it is the CBI which has chargsheeted the former Gujarat minister. CBI has made Shah an accused so he should follow the legal course and tell the court whatever he has to say," Sibal told reporters.
46-year-old Shah, has been slapped charges of murder and kidnapping in the fake encounter killing of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi in 2005, He resigned as Gujarat home minister yesterday.
On BJP giving clean chit to Shah, the HRD Minister said every leader in the party was doing so.
"But the issue is whether the court would give him a clean chit," he said.
On BJP`s allegation that chargesheet against Shah was already prepared, Sibal said "We are in the government, but we don’t know anything about it. They (BJP) are outside the
government and must know more than us," he quipped.
"If Shah wants he should challenge the case against him in the court, if he wants he can apply for an anticipatory bail for the second time. It`s upto him," he added.
"I don’t want to indulge into this. CBI is the agency which issued summons, filed the chargesheet and made Shah and accused," Sibal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends