Cong has nothing to do with Amit Shah`s case: Sibal
Lucknow: Union Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibal on Sunday said the Congress has nothing to do with the CBI naming former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah as an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
"Congress has not made Shah an accused, it is the CBI which has chargsheeted the former Gujarat minister. CBI has made Shah an accused so he should follow the legal course and tell the court whatever he has to say," Sibal told reporters.
46-year-old Shah, has been slapped charges of murder and kidnapping in the fake encounter killing of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi in 2005, He resigned as Gujarat home minister yesterday.
On BJP giving clean chit to Shah, the HRD Minister said every leader in the party was doing so.
"But the issue is whether the court would give him a clean chit," he said.
On BJP`s allegation that chargesheet against Shah was already prepared, Sibal said "We are in the government, but we don’t know anything about it. They (BJP) are outside the
government and must know more than us," he quipped.
"If Shah wants he should challenge the case against him in the court, if he wants he can apply for an anticipatory bail for the second time. It`s upto him," he added.
"I don’t want to indulge into this. CBI is the agency which issued summons, filed the chargesheet and made Shah and accused," Sibal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore