Cong inclined toward Bihar getting special l status: Raj Babbar
Patna: Congress on Wednesday asserted it was positively inclined toward Bihar getting special category status and pledged the Centre would always be a partner to the state for its rapid development.
"The union government has set up a committee to revisit criteria of backwardness of a state which held its first meeting yesterday. Further steps will be taken based on the recommendations of the committee," Raj Babbar, Congress spokesman said.
"We are not negative but positive (on Bihar getting special status)," the actor-turned-politician said.
Babbar was here to seek vote for Congress candidate Jitendra Swami in Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-poll. He was received at the airport by state party media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra, former Youth Congress chief Lallan Kumar and NSUI Vice President Rohit Kumar.
The Congress MP from Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh said the Centre would always be a partner in Bihar`s development.
"The Congress led UPA provided a special assistance of Rs 12,000 crore to Bihar and also got built 25,000 km of roads in the state," he said to highlight state-friendly approach of the Congress towards Bihar.
Asked to comment on performance of Nitish Kumar led NDA in the state, Babbar said people of the state will decide this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says