Cong, INPT fueling insurgency in Tripura: CPI(M)
Agartala: The ruling CPI-M in Tripura Monday alleged that Opposition Congress and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura were trying to fuel insurgency in the state by aiding in recruitment for an insurgent outfit.
"Sometimes the leaders of Congress alone and sometimes jointly with INPT were meeting with the surrendered insurgents and recruiting insurgents for National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT)," CPI-M state secretary, Bijan Dhar said.
"Congress which would forge an electoral alliance with its former ally INPT are jointly trying to destabilise the condition of peace and development prevailing in the state before the coming state elections," he told reporters.
Dhar alleged that Congress and INPT were also trying to spoil the unity and amity between the tribal and non-tribal of the state before the state Assembly elections scheduled to be held in February.
Earlier there was a campaign that the influence of debacle of the lefts in Stengel would influence the voters of Tripura also, Dhar said.
"People of West Bengal have witnessed the activity of the trimly Congress regime in last one year where the democracy and freedom of press are at stake and we are hopeful that people would draw a lesson from it and re-elect the Lefts in the state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India