Cong leader Anil Shastri opposes fuel price hike
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Anil
Shastri has come out against the fuel price hike dubbing the
rise in prices of LPG and kerosene as "disastrous" and asked
party chief Sonia Gandhi to urgently intervene.
"Increase in prices of kerosene and cooking gas is
disastrous. The common man is badly affected. Soniaji must
immediately intervene," he wrote in his twitter.
Shastri is a special invitee to the Congress Working
Committee and is also the editor of party mouthpiece `Congress
This is perhaps for the first time that a senior party
leader has criticised the government on economic policy
Former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor had created many
a flutter in the Congress by twitting on diverse issues
including the government`s foreign policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy