Cong leader Anil Shastri opposes fuel price hike
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Anil
Shastri has come out against the fuel price hike dubbing the
rise in prices of LPG and kerosene as "disastrous" and asked
party chief Sonia Gandhi to urgently intervene.
"Increase in prices of kerosene and cooking gas is
disastrous. The common man is badly affected. Soniaji must
immediately intervene," he wrote in his twitter.
Shastri is a special invitee to the Congress Working
Committee and is also the editor of party mouthpiece `Congress
This is perhaps for the first time that a senior party
leader has criticised the government on economic policy
Former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor had created many
a flutter in the Congress by twitting on diverse issues
including the government`s foreign policy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive