Cong leader seeks deferment of Jan 30 polling
New Delhi: A Congress leader made a strong
plea today for deferment of January 30 polling in Uttarakhand
and Punjab during upcoming Assembly elections in five states
as the date coincides with Mahatma Gandhi`s death anniversary.
Former party MP J K Jain said he is writing to the
Election Commission requesting it to defer January 30 poll
date in view of the death anniversary of the father of
The single phase polling in Punjab and Uttarakhand is
scheduled to be held on January 30 and Jain is one of the poll
observers of the Congress for Punjab.
AICC has already hailed the announcement of poll dates
for Assembly elections in five states, saying it is "raring to
go" for the poll battle.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'