Cong leader slams police crackdown on Ramdev
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Anil
Shastri on Sunday said the police crackdown of Baba Ramdev`s
agitation at Ramlila Grounds was "unfortunate and avoidable".
In a posting on microblogging site Twitter, Shastri,
who is also the editor of party mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh`,
said: "What happened last night at Ramlila Grounds in Delhi
was unfortunate and avoidable."
He, however, maintained that it was the government and not
the Congress party which had taken the decision. "It is
Manmohan Singh govt. Was not a party decision (sic)," he
Yesterday, Shastri had slammed the government`s move to
send four ministers to receive Baba Ramdev at the Delhi
"Indira Ji or Rajiv Ji would not have sent their
ministers to airport to placate a `Baba` arriving in a private
jet," he had written in a post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic