Cong leader slams police crackdown on Ramdev
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Anil
Shastri on Sunday said the police crackdown of Baba Ramdev`s
agitation at Ramlila Grounds was "unfortunate and avoidable".
In a posting on microblogging site Twitter, Shastri,
who is also the editor of party mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh`,
said: "What happened last night at Ramlila Grounds in Delhi
was unfortunate and avoidable."
He, however, maintained that it was the government and not
the Congress party which had taken the decision. "It is
Manmohan Singh govt. Was not a party decision (sic)," he
Yesterday, Shastri had slammed the government`s move to
send four ministers to receive Baba Ramdev at the Delhi
"Indira Ji or Rajiv Ji would not have sent their
ministers to airport to placate a `Baba` arriving in a private
jet," he had written in a post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31