Cong leader slams police crackdown on Ramdev
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Anil
Shastri on Sunday said the police crackdown of Baba Ramdev`s
agitation at Ramlila Grounds was "unfortunate and avoidable".
In a posting on microblogging site Twitter, Shastri,
who is also the editor of party mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh`,
said: "What happened last night at Ramlila Grounds in Delhi
was unfortunate and avoidable."
He, however, maintained that it was the government and not
the Congress party which had taken the decision. "It is
Manmohan Singh govt. Was not a party decision (sic)," he
Yesterday, Shastri had slammed the government`s move to
send four ministers to receive Baba Ramdev at the Delhi
"Indira Ji or Rajiv Ji would not have sent their
ministers to airport to placate a `Baba` arriving in a private
jet," he had written in a post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire