Cong leader slams police crackdown on Ramdev
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Anil
Shastri on Sunday said the police crackdown of Baba Ramdev`s
agitation at Ramlila Grounds was "unfortunate and avoidable".
In a posting on microblogging site Twitter, Shastri,
who is also the editor of party mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh`,
said: "What happened last night at Ramlila Grounds in Delhi
was unfortunate and avoidable."
He, however, maintained that it was the government and not
the Congress party which had taken the decision. "It is
Manmohan Singh govt. Was not a party decision (sic)," he
Yesterday, Shastri had slammed the government`s move to
send four ministers to receive Baba Ramdev at the Delhi
"Indira Ji or Rajiv Ji would not have sent their
ministers to airport to placate a `Baba` arriving in a private
jet," he had written in a post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands