Cong leader slams police crackdown on Ramdev
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Anil
Shastri on Sunday said the police crackdown of Baba Ramdev`s
agitation at Ramlila Grounds was "unfortunate and avoidable".
In a posting on microblogging site Twitter, Shastri,
who is also the editor of party mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh`,
said: "What happened last night at Ramlila Grounds in Delhi
was unfortunate and avoidable."
He, however, maintained that it was the government and not
the Congress party which had taken the decision. "It is
Manmohan Singh govt. Was not a party decision (sic)," he
Yesterday, Shastri had slammed the government`s move to
send four ministers to receive Baba Ramdev at the Delhi
"Indira Ji or Rajiv Ji would not have sent their
ministers to airport to placate a `Baba` arriving in a private
jet," he had written in a post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Unidentified militants shoot dead Trinamool worker in West Bengal
- Is it fair to be told your car just turned scrap: Maruti chief RC Bhargava
- Department of Posts fails to pay tax, CBEC faults officials
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!