Cong leaders barred entry to Raj Bhavan
Patna: Senior Congress leaders faced major embarassment on Thursday when they were denied entry to Raj Bhawan to meet Governor Devanand Konwar to submit a memorandum against the MNREGA irregularities in Bihar.
The Congress leaders included Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister and AICC secretary Pawan Bansal, state party president Choudhary Mahboob Ali Kaiser, Bihar Youth Congress president Lalan Kumar and Congress Flagship Committee chairman Vijay Shanker Dubey had walked down from R block roundabout to Rajbhavan to submit the memorandum after sitting on a dharna.
Congress leader Vijay Shankar Mishra claimed that prior permission to meet the governor at 4 pm had been obtained by the party. "It was unfortunate that even a senior leader like Pawan Bansal was not allowed entry (into the Raj Bhavan)," he said.
Peeved with the incident NSUI workers and Youth Congress workers shouted anti-governor slogans demanding that he be recalled.
As the slogan shouting continued for sometime near the Raj Bhawan, district authorities intervened and persuaded the Congress supporters to vacate the high security area.
When contacted, Konwar told a news agency that he was not aware of a meeting scheduled with the Congress delegation. "Moreover I had not granted appointment to anybody at 4 p m."
Former MPs Desai Choudhary, Anil Kumar, Ram Naresh Yadav and several senior state Congress leaders, besides a large number of party workers participated in the dharna to highlight alleged irregularities in implementation of MNREGA in Bihar. They sought the governor`s intervention in the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah