Cong-led UPA no longer enjoy people`s mandate: Hazare
Bangalore: Anna Hazare on Monday said that people`s mandate is no longer with the Manmohan Singh-led UPA government and it would get reflected in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Asked to comment on the Prime Minister rejecting the opposition BJP`s demand for resignation on the coal allocation issue, Hazare told reporters here: "(following corruption scandals) People`s mandate is not with them (now). It will show in 2014 (Lok Sabha poll)".
After a week-long rejuvenation treatment at Jindal Nature Care Institute here, he said he feels fighting-fit.
"I am alright now and ready for fight as well (crusade against corruption). I will travel around the country and visit the states to awaken the people. Fight will continue till the country becomes corruption-free," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail