Cong looks to strengthen ties with PRP; invites Chiru to Delhi
Hyderabad: The Congress high command has invited Praja Rajyam Party chief Chiranjeevi for talks to Delhi to strengthen the "existing working arrangement" between the two parties, Andhra Pradesh Congress president D Srinivas said here on Tuesday.
"This is not the beginning. It has already begun. Chiranjeevi had gone to Delhi, met `Madam` and party leaders. He has expressed his friendliness towards Congress. As a good gesture, to strengthen the working arrangement between the two parties, he has been invited to Delhi. He will discuss all issues in Delhi," Srinivas told reporters here.
He declined to go into the details when asked about plans of Congress vis-a-vis Chiranjeevi.
"Why he is invited to Delhi, only time will tell. You have to wait and watch," Srinivas, who accompanied Antony in the talks with Chiranjeevi, said.
Asked if Chiranjeevi is being roped in to ensure the safety of the party government in the state, Srinivas said there is absolutely no threat to the government and that it would continue in power till the next elections in 2014.
There is no need to link the move to invite PRP with the dissidence of party MLAs loyal to Jagan, he said.
Asked about the comments of some Congress leaders that the party would be weakened in Telangana as Chiranjeevi is in favour of united Andhra Pradesh, Srinivas said the responsibility to resolve the Telangana issue lay with the UPA government and party high command.
When asked if the Congress would speak to TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao too, he said: "We will speak to those whom we need to speak to. Why are you in a hurry".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh