Cong looks to strengthen ties with PRP; invites Chiru to Delhi
Hyderabad: The Congress high command has invited Praja Rajyam Party chief Chiranjeevi for talks to Delhi to strengthen the "existing working arrangement" between the two parties, Andhra Pradesh Congress president D Srinivas said here on Tuesday.
"This is not the beginning. It has already begun. Chiranjeevi had gone to Delhi, met `Madam` and party leaders. He has expressed his friendliness towards Congress. As a good gesture, to strengthen the working arrangement between the two parties, he has been invited to Delhi. He will discuss all issues in Delhi," Srinivas told reporters here.
He declined to go into the details when asked about plans of Congress vis-a-vis Chiranjeevi.
"Why he is invited to Delhi, only time will tell. You have to wait and watch," Srinivas, who accompanied Antony in the talks with Chiranjeevi, said.
Asked if Chiranjeevi is being roped in to ensure the safety of the party government in the state, Srinivas said there is absolutely no threat to the government and that it would continue in power till the next elections in 2014.
There is no need to link the move to invite PRP with the dissidence of party MLAs loyal to Jagan, he said.
Asked about the comments of some Congress leaders that the party would be weakened in Telangana as Chiranjeevi is in favour of united Andhra Pradesh, Srinivas said the responsibility to resolve the Telangana issue lay with the UPA government and party high command.
When asked if the Congress would speak to TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao too, he said: "We will speak to those whom we need to speak to. Why are you in a hurry".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate