Cong may go in for general elections this year: Naidu
Chennai: The Congress leadership is mulling to go for Lok Sabha elections in this year itself after the end of Monsoon session of Parliament, BJP leader M Venkiah Naidu said on Saturday.
"We have reports that the Congress leadership is thinking of early elections to the Lok Sabha and they may be held in 2013 after the end of the Monsoon session (of Parliament). That`s the reliable information we have got," Naidu told reporters here.
He attributed the UPA government`s recent decisions on increasing subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine, distribution of Aadhar cards and direct cash transfers to early polls.
Naidu said the Congress would be defeated whether the elections were held in 2013 or 2014 as the UPA government had `failed` on all fronts.
He said the BJP was the only alternative and the "so called" Third Front was only a mirage. "Disgruntled and discredited leaders cannot form and lead the Third Front."
On the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, Naidu said, "A strong public opinion compelled the government to finally act."
He added that the Centre needed to explain the reasons behind the "abnormal delay" in his execution, as ordered by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read