Cong may go in for general elections this year: Naidu
Chennai: The Congress leadership is mulling to go for Lok Sabha elections in this year itself after the end of Monsoon session of Parliament, BJP leader M Venkiah Naidu said on Saturday.
"We have reports that the Congress leadership is thinking of early elections to the Lok Sabha and they may be held in 2013 after the end of the Monsoon session (of Parliament). That`s the reliable information we have got," Naidu told reporters here.
He attributed the UPA government`s recent decisions on increasing subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine, distribution of Aadhar cards and direct cash transfers to early polls.
Naidu said the Congress would be defeated whether the elections were held in 2013 or 2014 as the UPA government had `failed` on all fronts.
He said the BJP was the only alternative and the "so called" Third Front was only a mirage. "Disgruntled and discredited leaders cannot form and lead the Third Front."
On the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, Naidu said, "A strong public opinion compelled the government to finally act."
He added that the Centre needed to explain the reasons behind the "abnormal delay" in his execution, as ordered by the Supreme Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram