Cong may propose Kurien`s name for post of RS Deputy Chairman
New Delhi: Congress member P J Kurien could be the party`s choice for the post of Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha which has fallen vacant due to the expiry of term of K Rehman Khan.
Congress sources, however, said a decision on the issue would be taken only after the formal process for the election of the Deputy Chairman is set into motion.
Kurein is a member from Kerala.
According to reports NCP, which has decided to pull out of the UPA government, wants senior party leader Tariq Anwar as the Deputy Chairman.
After the election of Vice-President, the schedule for the election of Deputy Chairman is likely to be announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'