Cong may propose Kurien`s name for post of RS Deputy Chairman
New Delhi: Congress member P J Kurien could be the party`s choice for the post of Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha which has fallen vacant due to the expiry of term of K Rehman Khan.
Congress sources, however, said a decision on the issue would be taken only after the formal process for the election of the Deputy Chairman is set into motion.
Kurein is a member from Kerala.
According to reports NCP, which has decided to pull out of the UPA government, wants senior party leader Tariq Anwar as the Deputy Chairman.
After the election of Vice-President, the schedule for the election of Deputy Chairman is likely to be announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!