Cong may propose Kurien`s name for post of RS Deputy Chairman
New Delhi: Congress member P J Kurien could be the party`s choice for the post of Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha which has fallen vacant due to the expiry of term of K Rehman Khan.
Congress sources, however, said a decision on the issue would be taken only after the formal process for the election of the Deputy Chairman is set into motion.
Kurein is a member from Kerala.
According to reports NCP, which has decided to pull out of the UPA government, wants senior party leader Tariq Anwar as the Deputy Chairman.
After the election of Vice-President, the schedule for the election of Deputy Chairman is likely to be announced.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India