Cong may propose Kurien`s name for post of RS Deputy Chairman
New Delhi: Congress member P J Kurien could be the party`s choice for the post of Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha which has fallen vacant due to the expiry of term of K Rehman Khan.
Congress sources, however, said a decision on the issue would be taken only after the formal process for the election of the Deputy Chairman is set into motion.
Kurein is a member from Kerala.
According to reports NCP, which has decided to pull out of the UPA government, wants senior party leader Tariq Anwar as the Deputy Chairman.
After the election of Vice-President, the schedule for the election of Deputy Chairman is likely to be announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations